All over the world, the North American market represents a great business opportunity, but in order to access it, it is necessary to follow the construction rules defined by UL standards. For this reason, their knowledge becomes strategic and therefore indispensable for all those companies that intend to take this path.
Provide the knowledge necessary to orient participants in the UL standards that define how to build and certify industrial control panels and industrial machinery.
Who should attend
This class is aimed at all those technical figures who belong to the OEM world, typically machine manufacturers and panel builders. Both beginners and experts are welcome.
Basic knowledge of electrical electrical systems.
• introduction to UL reality
• North American vs. CE regulatory landscape: OSHA, ANSI, AHJ, NRT, … and notes on the manufacturer’s responsibilities
• UL vs UR
• main requirements for designing a panel according to UL508A
• main “AHJ’s redflag”
• introduction to the regulation of machines for the North American market
• NFPA 70 vs NFPA 79
• the new UL 2011 (standard for machinery)
• main requirements for designing a machine according to NFPA 79 and UL 2011